The Heart of Downtown West Monroe, LouisianaSaving historic presence, reviving the commercial core, and keeping a sense of place and community life in Downtown West Monroe, Lousiana Find Out Latest News - Follow On Facebook
Who We Are
The Downtown West Monroe Revitalization Group is made up of dedicated community and business leaders who are dedicated to improving the downtown area in West Monroe for the prosperity of the entire city.
Downtown areas are becoming a strong draw for young professionals and artists. Funds raised by Downtown West Monroe Revitalization Group will be used for the purpose of capital improvements made to the downtown area such as crosswalks, signage, facade grants and general beautification.
Downtown West Monroe, commonly known as Antique Alley, has been referred to as “a shopaholic’s delight” by Southern Living Magazine. Whether searching for the latest fashions, an investment antique, or original work of art, this local destination is bustling with options including a growing number of restaurants.
- Designated as a Louisiana Main Street community in 2020. The program is part of a state and national network that provides a roadmap to spur community-driven revitalization and grant opportunities. West Monroe is the first community added to the list of Louisiana communities since 2014.
- Alley Park opened on the corner of Trenton and Natchitoches Street. A variety of community activities are hosted in the new open-air gathering space including family-friendly events and concerts.
- Cotton Port Historic District named as a National Register Historic District. Downtown property owners are now eligible for federal and state historic building tax credits through this designation.
- Downtown Streetscape Master Plan. The City of West Monroe is undergoing a community-driven plan to prioritize downtown projects that positively impact commerce and quality of life. Visit www.downtownwestmonroemasterplan.com to view the plan online.
- Flying Heart Brewing & Pub. A new brewery will open on Commerce Street in 2021. Currently located in Bossier, Flying Heart will expand to a second location in West Monroe. The restaurant will provide craft beers, New York-style pizza, live entertainment, social activities, and cocktails.